We’re back for a new full moon and a new mani to celebrate it…the Wolf Moon! Did you know that this year there will be thirteen full moons instead of 2022’s twelve? There is an extra moon in August called the Blue Moon. This challenge will be done in April, but maybe I’ll paint a new full moon mani for it. I do still need to get the Blood Moon in anyway…🤔
Today, I’m also doing something I rarely do which is using an indie polish as my base again. I just have so many unused! 😅 But I knew as I was painting Fluid Art Flutterbys–the design that first used Lemming Lacquer’s “Cyberpunk”–that it would be the base for this, so, yeah… This design has been in my sketchbook for a long time, older than 2021 by far. It even almost turned out how I imagined, but the stamping image of the running wolf is small so it’s a matter of the scale I wished I could make it and the scale it was.
Nail art products used
- Base Polishes:
- Familiar Polish’s “Snowfall” and Lemming Lacquer’s “Cyberpunk“
- Stamping Polishes:
- Maniology’s “Spikes“ + “Woolly” and UberChic’s “Essential White“
- Advanced Stamping Polish:
- KADS’ “Cloud Dancer“
- Freehand Painting:
- Full moon freehanded with white and purple acrylic paint. Watered down white acrylic also used to lead light some of the stamping decals.
- Stamping Plates:
- Beauty BigBang “XL-085” (lines on index finger); Born Pretty “BP-170” (lines, planets, aestroids) + “Outer Space-L002” (circular lines on thumb); and Maniology “BM-S247” (geometric howling wolf) + “Happily Never After BM-L194” (running wolf)
Items in italics are debuting on the blog for the first time.
I have been thwarted by the thumbnail of this design twice so far. My first attempt is archived in the photo of the false nails by themselves, which is the photo I turned in for the collage. It didn’t have enough contrast. The version you’re seeing in most of my photos is much better, but it’s upside down from how I normally orientate my thumbnail designs because it photographs better. Ugh. I might just paint it one last time for myself since I don’t chuck my falsies.
#TheLunarCollab – Wolf Moon
This marks the first month with the new hosts. Smooooth going so far! 👍
- Collab hosts: Nik @nails_by_nik_, Jessica @banasjessica, and Tammy @monkey_and_the_bee
- Group tag: #TheLunarCollabJan
- Prompt: Wolf Moon
- Next prompt: Snow Moon
Final Wolf Moon nail art photos
Until next time, friends! 🙋♀️
Here is a list of all the full moon nail art that the I have done for this Instagram challenge so far! Sorted from the oldest to the newest.