It’s time for another full moon and another mani to go with it. Like the others, this moon has many different names including bear, snow, and hungry. Since I’d already rather touched on the snow theme with my Frost Moon mani, I was planning on just focusing on bears, but then I realized that a base I’d painted for a different nail art was kinda perfect and it had snowflakes on it. So two out of the three major topics and if only I’d used Pooh bear I could say I had hungry covered too.
Incidentally, I ran across an article about why we say bears like honey so much and it talked about how they’re really after the immature bees which are high in protein and fat. So the honey is more of a bonus. Ah the things we learn are a lie as we get older, eh?
Nail art products used
- Base Polishes:
- Kathleen & Co’s “I Don’t Say Blah Blah Blah“ with a light mauve nail line blur polish
- Stamping Polishes:
- KADS’ “07 Purple” + “G10 Rose Red” and Maniology’s “Nightingale“
- Advanced Stamping Polish:
- Maniology’s “Nightingale” and extended a few of the decals with more dar
- Freehand Painting:
- KADS’ “07 Purple” used to extend some of the decals and the moon with a mixture of it and Maniology’s “Nightingale“.
- Stamping Plates:
- “Harunouta-L044” (standing bear) and “Nicole Diary-L10” (mountains, small bear) + “Nicole Diary-L13” (icicles, snowflakes)
Items in italics are debuting on the blog for the first time.
I love how this turned out and it ended up being so simple too. With the background stamping looking so neat I didn’t feel bad at all about keeping the rest so simple. (Plus the bear is so cute.) I was a little surprised that Kathleen & Co’s “I Don’t Say Blah Blah Blah” ended up being less magenta than I thought it would be. I suspect I could get more of a color punch if I used the right polish under it, but meanwhile I’m going to enjoy the subtle gorgeousness of what I have on a mauve nail line blurring polish.
The background truly was lovely on its own so here’s a photo of just it. I doesn’t even have top coat on it so you’re seeing what the polish looks like freshly stamped and painted.
#TheLunarCollabFeb – Bear Moon
One of the members of the group posted an info graphic about the Bear Moon that briefly spoke of the different names native tribes had for it. I thought that was pretty fantastic so I’m sharing it here as well. I dug around and the original blog post it came from is here. It basically repeats the same info, but I dug more and there is another article for March so possibly they have articles for a whole year’s worth of full moons.
- Collab hosts: Nik @nails_by_nik_, Jessica @banasjessica, and Tammy @monkey_and_the_bee
- Group tag: #thelunarcollabfeb
- Prompt: Bear/Hunger/Snow Moon
- Next prompt: Sap/Worm/Death/Crust Moon
Final bear moon nail art photos
Until next time, friends! 🙋♀️
Here is a list of all the full moon nail art that the I have done for this Instagram challenge so far! Sorted from the oldest to the newest.
This moon occurs whenever there is a second full moon in a month.