It’s time for a pig party where the pigs dance around in a vortex of polka dots while wearing crowns and eating cupcakes! Okay, it sounds a little strange to describe it in that amount of detail, but party pig nail art makes sense and has some alliteration, which I love. For reals, I had two nail art prompts (pig and polka dots) that I wanted to combine and here is the result of that. Also: super happy I found a polka dot pattern that had some size differences. It make it all feel more spontaneous, but still dot-y.
Nail art products used
- Base Polish:
- Sassy Cats Lacquer’s “Queen!“
- Stamping Polishes:
- Hit the Bottle’s “Psycho Pink” and KADS’ “12 Yellow Green“
- Advanced Stamping Polishes:
- Born Pretty’s “Blueberry Macaron“; Hit the Bottle’s “Psycho Pink“; Maniology’s “Zinnia“; and Sinful Colors’ “Pink Smart“, “Scandal“, and “Snow Me White” with a few more pink shades mixed up from the list.
- Stamping Plates:
- Born Pretty “Animal-L005“ (crowned pig), “Mr Fox-LB023“ (cupcake pig and “party time”), “YZW-N06“ (polka dots)
Thrice before I have tried to use this Sassy Cats Lacquer’s polish and sometimes I got it on my nails and lost steam and sometimes I just couldn’t get it to fit the design I had in mind. Some of it was due to timing, but some was in how very sheer of a jelly formula “Queen!” has. You are looking at five layers of it and there’s still visible nail line in some photos. So beautiful, but next time remind me to use a VNL (Visible Nail Line) Blur polish as my base.
I also tried really hard to find a third pig image that would match the style of the others and I had a little pig standing in a puddle that was similar in cute-ness but he was on all fours! I couldn’t think of a mental narrative with all three that made sense so I pulled a different trick out of my bag which was flipping a decal. Different-ness level met and I could move on with my life. 😆
Party on pigs. Until next time, friends! 👋