Today I have another late mani, this time for Sagittarius (though technically we haven’t moved to another zodiac sign yet…). I’m really loving how today’s look ended up. This kind of finish with a magnetic polish really works for me. I was a little stuck about what to stamp outside of the symbol and the Sagittarius centaur so I looked at images of my unused stamping plates and realized I had a one of just archery/arrow stuff. Then I remembered that Sagittarius is the last fire element for this collection and that was basically it all coming together.
But before we get to the photos… Happy birthday to all the Sagittarius people out there! 🎂
Nail art products used
- Base Polishes:
- Indie by Pattie Lopes’ “Elevators“
- This polish is rather similar to MTK Design’s “Nightshade Bleeds” and I was kinda kicking myself for buying both, but this really is different and I do love them both…so…I win?
- Stamping Polishes:
- Essie’s “No Place Like Chrome“, Maniology’s “Hail Santa“, and UberChic’s “Essential White“
- Advanced Stamping Polishes:
- Born Pretty’s “BP-TR16” and Sinful Colors’ “Snow Me White“
- I wanted a little bit of a tint to the flame decals so I added the super light purple jelly BP-TR16 into it.
- Also, I apparently I didn’t put a thick enough coat of white or should have let the decals dry longer because my Sagittarius symbol decals look fuzzy and you can tell they were an outline stamp if you look closesly. Ugh.
- Stamping Plates:
- Born Pretty “BP-L083” (sagittarius symbols), “Harunouta-L081” (centaur archer/sagittarius), Maniology “MXM087“ (flame outlines), and Winstonia “W405“ (arrow pattern)
- I wasn’t sure laying the arrow pattern across diagonally would work, but with the size of the stamp and the size of these falsies, well, it was that or patching multiples to have a full background. Laziness won and I love how it looks.
Items in italics are debuting on the blog for the first time.
Just a quick note that I’m trying different things with the blog so I’ve started leaving notes in the product list now, which is why I have nothing to say here. 🤷♀️
#LizmosZodiacCollab – Sagittarius
- Host: @nailsoflizmo
- Group Tag: #lizmoszodiaccollab
- Prompt: Sagittarius / zodiac
- Next prompt: Capricorn / zodiac
Final Sagittarius nail art photos
One zodiac symbol left! I can’t believe this challenge is coming to an end! 🙋♀️
Here’s the complete set of the (western) zodiac. Click the photos for more information on the design.