Today the color is pink! (And mustard, which I think looks fantastic combined with pink.) Born Pretty’s “Cosmos Bouquet” from their Candy Color stamping polish set is that perfect pink between this might be red and dark enough to work perfectly against white and black backgrounds. Here’s my test stamp to show exactly why I wanted it…
Truly a perfect shade of pink. You can see how well it works against white and black, so let’s add some color to this mix…
Still plenty of contrast between the stamping and mustard. Perfection.
- Base Polishes:
- Born Pretty’s “Cosmos Bouquet“, Nine Zero Lacquer’s “Corn Maize“ and Sinful Colors’ Born Pretty’s “Decadent“
- Stamping Polishes:
- Born Pretty’s “Cosmos Bouquet“
- Advanced Stamping Polishes:
- Born Pretty’s “Cosmos Bouquet“, OPI’s “Never a Dulles Moment“, Sinful Colors’ Pink Smart, and Smacker’s “Wickedly Stylish“
- Stamping Plates:
- Born Pretty BP-174 (owl) and Qgirl 040 (triangle pattern)
I wore this mani for a few days and the stamping polish doesn’t have quite as much staying power as a regular polish when used to just paint the nail. But the matching is important to me and I don’t expect to have my nail art last for weeks, so it works for me.
Finally, can we take a moment to admire that mustard holo? It was given to me by Jay from the Yellow Polish Lovers FB group because I got left out of a drawing accidentally. Truly a generous gift that means a lot to me. I think kindly of her whenever I set eye on the bottle.
I’ve quite enjoyed using Born Pretty’s stamping polishes. I would not use them as base polishes all the time, but they definitely work if you want a few matching nails in your mani. I bought several more for future nail art and can’t wait for them to arrive.
Until next time, friends! 😃