I have waited two years to post these. Why? It just never seemed to be the right time and it just kept on being so until “steampunk” popped up as a prompt in Instagram. Of course. And somehow the timing seems even more right because Cowgirl Style posted recently. I think they’re the only two western nail art designs the blog has unless you count cactus.
Nail art products used
- Base Polishes:
- Dance Legend’s “Thunderball“ and KADS’ “Pearly Dark Gold“
- Stamping Polishes:
- KADS’ “Pearly Dark Gold“; Mundo de Unas’ “Holland Blue” and “Blue Navy“; UberChic’s “Essential White“
- Advanced Stamping Polishes:
- Frankensteined black jelly, L’oreal’s “a la Meringue“, Mundo de Unas’ “Holland Blue“, and white polish mixed with clear
- Stamping Plates:
- Major Dijit-26 (armed skeleton); Moyou London Steampunk Collection-02 (“Sherriff”) and Steampunk Collection-05 (“Steampunk”); and ZJ08 (mounted cowboy)
Items in italics are debuting on the blog for the first time.
I’m sad to say I wasn’t terribly impressed with the magnetic effect of my base polish, but it’s still a nice color. Not to mention it’s been two years and I have better magnets (and technique with them) now. Perhaps I won’t feel so indifferent next time I use it. Meanwhile everything I had planned out previously worked just the way I wanted it to. That’s not something I say often since I frequently change nail designs as I work on them. I wonder what happened to my plans to paint lots of steampunk nail art when I started this blog? I don’t think I’ve even managed to produce one a year. 😆
Until next time, friends! 🙋♀️