Today’s nail art was inspired by a song, but not a new one. Girl’s Generation (or SNSD) hasn’t put out a new song since 2017 and the song I thought of immediately when I saw the tiger image on Nicole Diary’s Fashion Trends ND-002 is from their 2015 album Lion Heart.
Why would a tiger remind me of a lion? Well, you’ll just have to watch their silly and cute music video to find out. 😁
Ahh K-pop. So fun and so problematic at the same time. 😬
The beautiful pink crelly is from October’s Polish Pickup. The story of its maker’s inspiration is the same Boto Encantado Brazilian folklore that inspired Kimett Kolor’s beautiful pink dolphin nail art. I shall cruelly reduce the story down to pink dolphin shapeshifter man seducing the ladies and abandoning them once they are pregnant. Classy. 😂
And so I found myself buying this polish both because it’s beautiful and because it reminded me of something I liked. Possibly a bit of a fail that I did not paint dolphin nails with it.
- Base Polishes:
- Frankensteined grey french tip, Penelope Luz’s “Boto Rosa“, and Pretty Serious “Overcast“
- Stamping Polishes:
- Mundo de Unas’ “Dark Grey” and “Pastel Pink“
- Advanced Stamping Polishes:
- A mix of grey polishes and pink polishes + Penelope Luz’s “Boto Rosa“ and sharpie markers diluted with rubbing alcohol for the tiger.
- Stamping Plates:
- Nicole Diary Fashion Trends ND-002 (tiger) and Pueen 111 (heart pattern)
That’s all I have today, friends. I hope your life is full of loyal tigers and not lion hearts! 😘
Looks amazing and loving the pink 😀
Thanks! It has turned out to be a very pink month. LOL