Rainy day nail art in April is a must if you like to acknowledge the seasons in your designs. In fact, I need to stop waiting for the ground to be dry before mowing my lawn because it hasn’t happened in well over a week. I love the rain, though, so bring it on! I’d rather mow a soggy yard than not have rain.
I combined three different prompts to come up with the elements for this design: @NailChallenge’s Zoo Lover, @GlamNailChallenge’s April Showers, and @CreativeNailArtChallenge’s Weather. You could say that double the weather prompts meant it got a nail to itself, but really I just love cloud patterns.
- Base Polishes:
- China Glaze’s “All Wrapped Up“, Sinful Colors’ “A-crush“, and Wet ‘n’ Wild’s Mega Rocks “Jam Session“
- Stamping Polish:
- Mundo de Unas’ “Lavendar“
- Advanced Stamping Polishes:
- NYC’s “Lincoln Square Lavender“, OPI’s Color Paints “Indigo Motif” mixed with clear polish, Sinful Colors’ Kylie Jenner “Kitty Pink“, Sinful Colors’ “Lavender” mixed with Smacker’s “Wickedly Stylish“, and Smacker’s “Wickedly Stylish” mixed with clear polish
- Stamping Plates:
- Born Pretty BP-A07 Zoo Kingdom (elephant nail) and Maniology Around the World 2 BM-XL156 (raining clouds)
I ended up painting this design twice because the first didn’t turn out like I wanted. The first time I tried to use the glitter in my stamping decals and it worked terribly. The stamping images were too detailed and everything got muddled together. So when I painted it for the second time, I actually removed the cobbled road pattern beneath the elephant’s feet and the butterflies to keep things more simple. Sorry, Born Pretty!
Only @NailChallenge had a group collage so to see everyone’s designs you’ll have to visit the group tags: #ncamused (Zoo Lovers), #glamnailschallengeapril (April Showers), and #creativenailartchallengeapril (weather).
Until next time, friends!