When an eternity lasts for ever...
- « Site History
- « Pink Oriental  || Celtic Purple  »
Run Time: Apr. 9, 2000 - 2000
- Host: Geocities
- # Pages: 128
- Tools: notepad, Paint Shop Pro 6.0, Paint
- Graphics: Self, Silverhair, The Corporation
Inspired by the nekos, I fiddled out my splat foxes in PSP. I used two of them to link to the home page.
I really loved the unicorn picture. I mean, just look at them oranges! No one I asked really liked it so I used the Pink Oriental one first. But love like this cannot be denied! But it wouldn't look good in the usual layout because the background color is ugly. :/ I couldn't alter the file but I could cover it if I stretched out my table skills and threw in some CSS...
- Using a sans-serif font because they're easier to read on computers.
- Style sheets save bandwidth and headache since you can change all pages by just changing one.
- Giving the site a name, even if it didn't stick. Continuity, remember?
- Using accent colors and headers to make pages more scannable.
- The copyright notice at the bottom of the page.
- Using different bullets instead of icons.
- Removing the links' underline.
- Setting a style to indent paragraphs instead of style for any paragraphs that didn't need indenting since I used the former the most.
- Keeping the dates on every single page. Takes forever to cut and paste.
- Keeping Count of how many pages I had. It got my ego involved and it became harder to remove deadbeat pages.
- Using the centered menu for all the index pages. It became very awkward with longer titles.
- Using frames in unnecessary places like the Top Ten Lists and Color World.
- Seperating the poems by date and category when I didn't have that many of them.
- Who 'm I?
- Royal Jester - (sub) disc=newest, square=second newest, circle=old. Since I split them into three lists, I only had to edit the list and not every single <li> an update.
- Royal Ranting - (sub)
- MSKing's Artistic Attempts - (sub) Moved the index's menu next to the graphics and changed the link colors.
- Color World - (sub) Added a pretty butterfly (the first graphic I actually made for the site) and moved the index's menu next to the table instead of on top of it.
And since I finally started learning about colors on computers, I added RGB values to the tables and tips for color usage.
- Writing Corner
- Poetry - (sub) added the morbid section.
- Essay - (sub)
- Short Story - (sub)
- Monologue - (sub)
- Update - they started being separate pages since I talked so much. There were three in the archives at a time and they all linked to each other.
- Brain Dump - considered. I knew Earwig Haters Unanonymous would go in it.
- Web Design - you can't see it, but I started thinking about doing one now.