Today’s look is brought to you by the color purple, the subject roses, and the strange feeling that we kiiiinda posted something similar not so long ago. However, the use (finally) of a purple magnetic polish I’ve had for years hopefully brings enough of a different element to this so that you don’t think I’m being too repetitive.
This is also brought to you by my cat’s fur. Thanks, fluff butt. 😂
Similar, but different b/c spiders ≠ people
#WhenColoursCollide – Purple, Black, White
The black and white had to be creme polishes, but you could go wild with the purple polish and that’s what you can see in the collage. Lovely. Also, there’s probably a disproportionate number of rose nail art designs in here b/c I am not the only one doubling up on prompts. heh. Check out the group tag. The next prompt is Orange, Black, Silver and I’m going to skip b/c my nail schedule is so, so full already.
Nail art products used
- Base Polishes:
- KADS’ “43 Lavender“ and Magna Nails’ “Amethyst“
- Stamping Polishes:
- KADS’ “43 Lavender“ + UberChic’s “Essential White” and “Pure Black“
- Advanced Stamping Polishes:
- Magna Nails’ “Amethyst“ + Sinful Colors’ “Truth or LavenDare” and “Snow Me White“
- Stamping Plates:
- Beauty BigBang “XL-011” (negative space rose pattern) (press sample), Nicole Diary “Tattoo ND-002“ (lady and hand with rose), and “Qgirl-45” (butterflies)
I often like to work with a very limited color palette because it helps to keep your look more cohesive. But then it’s also fun to break out of that to create a weird contrast. So I had fun creating a mostly warm look with warm purples and then broke it by using a cold purple on the women’s flesh. I also used the exact same rose negative space pattern on three of my nails, but mixed it up by using a different stamping polish on one of them. Skittles, but not skittles*. 😆
And since the image of the hand (on my thumb) also had a butterfly with it, I added two more to fulfill the white part of the color challenge.
* In case you didn’t know, skittles is a nail art term when you have a different look on each (or at least most) of your nails.
Until next time, friends! 🙋♀️