Todays look is brought to you by prompts and whatever I have in my collection that fit them. 😆 My colors were pink, black, and silver from @WhenColoursCollide and my subject was Anchors from @GlamNailsChallenge. So that made this a nautical nail art from the start.
When Colours Collide
There were 64 participants for this prompt, which is a great turnout these days. And the nail art goes from abstract to flora to anything people wanted. Like anchors. Check out the group tag for a lot beautiful looks. Since I’m writing this far earlier than I normally do, I’m afraid the next prompt hasn’t posted yet, but as always there’s no guarantee I will participate since I already have a lot of nail art planned for the month.
Nail art products used
- Base Polishes:
- Born Pretty’s “Cosmos Bouquet” (press sample), Color Club’s “Miss Bliss“, Essie’s “No Place Like Chrome“, and Revlon’s Parfumerie “Espresso“
- Stamping Polishes:
- Born Pretty’s “Cosmos Bouquet” (press sample), Essie’s “No Place Like Chrome“, and UberChic’s “Pure Black“
- Advanced Stamping Polish:
- Born Pretty’s “Cosmos Bouquet” (press sample)
- Stamping Plates:
- Born Pretty “BP-L068“ (pipe smoking captain, large anchor), Lesly “Be Creative 1” (spot), and Messy Mansion “MM93XL“ (anchor pattern)
I think the hardest part about combining prompts with this nail art was that I wanted to use a few non-creme or holographic polishes in my design and that didn’t fit the colour prompt. But I do love the color combo so I chose the challenge over everything else I wanted to do. But then I picked too light of a pink and it didn’t work. And then I made it just a touch too complicated. So after my nail fail below I had to restart and simplify. I think the end result was much better.
Hopefully you agree. 😜
And we are at an end. Until next time, friends! 👋
This looks great. Digging that silver too 😀
Thanks! I’m glad you like it! 😀